When users change alerts in SIGNL4 (acknowledge, close, etc.), corresponding tickets in ConnectWise can be updated as well. This happens by applying a set of workflow trigger actions to the corresponding ticket.
Configure status mapping in SIGNL4
First you have to make sure that the ConnectWise connector app in your SIGNL4 environment is configured correctly:
- Log in to SIGNL4 and navigate to Apps
- Locate your ConnectWise Manage connector app or create a new instance of that app first
- Click Edit
- Locate the property "Status mappings" at the bottom.
- If you want a ticket to be updated when the alert is acknowledged in SIGNL4, make sure "Acknowledged in SIGNL4 -> Update in CW" is selected.
- If you (also) want a ticket to be updated, when the alert is closed in SIGNL4, make sure "Closed in SIGNL4 -> Update in CW" is selected.
- Your config may now look similar to this screenshot:
- As a next step you can each select in ConnectWise Manage how a ticket is updated when the corresponding alert in SIGNL4 is acknowledged or closed.
Select in ConnectWise how to update upon acknowledgement in SIGNL4
Follow these steps to adjust the correct workflow:
- Open Setup Tables -> General -> Workflow Rules
- Find a workflow with the name "SIGNL4 - Update CW Tickets" (or having the name you entered in the connector app config as "Workflow Name - Update CW Tickets".
- The Workflow has two event triggers, each with one action. You will edit the workflow actions of the trigger that has a rule which evaluates that field "Signl4Status_c" equals "Acknowledged".
- Locate this trigger and expand its actions:
- SIGNL4 applies all actions to the ticket, when the corresponding alert is acknowledged in SIGNL4 (e.g. in the mobile app). You can add more actions or simply change the status to set in this case. Here is an example:
- Make sure to save the workflow and you are done.
Select in ConnectWise how to update upon closing in SIGNL4
To change how a ticket is updated when an alert is closed in SIGNL4, proceed in the exact same way as above. However, this time modify the actions of the event trigger that has a rule which evaluates field "Signl4Status_c" equals "Resolved".
Please sign in to leave a comment.