After you have obtained the required Freshservice API key in setup step 1, you can now setup the connector app in your SIGNL4 team by following the instructions below.
- From the menu, choose the SIGNL4 team you want to attach to Freshservice and then click "Apps".
- On the bottom of the page, under app templates, locate Freshservice and click create
- Enter a name and an optional description for this connector instance in this team. An example is "Security Tickets"
- Next, configure all connector properties:
- Instance URI: The root URL of your Freshservice instance without any additional path. An example is https://my.freshservice.com
- API key: The API key that you have created in setup step 1
- Note on Signl acknowledged: If your choices in 'Status mappings' include 'Acknowledged in SIGNL4 -> Update in FD', you must enter a note that is added to the ticket conversations when the corresponding Signl is acknowledged. It is then also used to trigger the Automator 'Was acknowledged in SIGNL4' in Freshservice which can further update the according ticket (e.g. a status change).
- Note on Signl closed: If your choices in 'Status mappings' include 'Closed in SIGNL4 -> Update in FD', you must enter a note that is added to the ticket conversations when the corresponding Signl is closed. It is then also used to trigger the Automator 'Was closed in SIGNL4' in Freshservice which can further update the according ticket (e.g. a status change).
- Note on Signl escalated: When a Signl is escalated in SIGNL4, the according ticket is optionally updated by the note you can enter here.
- Notes always private: If enabled, all notes that are added to tickets are only visible to agents.
- Agent assignment when: When a user in SIGNL4 acknowledges or closes a Signl, he or she can be assigned as agent to the according ticket. Select on which status changes this should be done.
- Status mappings: Select which status updates should each be synchronized between both systems. Synchronization actions are defined in each the corresponding Freshservice Automators 'Was acknowledged in SIGNL4', 'Was closed in SIGNL4', 'Auto acknowledge in SIGNL4' and 'Auto close in SIGNL4'. When "Acknowledged in SIGNL4 -> Update in FD" or "Closed in SIGNL4 -> Update in FD" is not selected, according notes won't be added to ticket.
- Once you have configured all fields, click Save.
- You now have to copy and note down the webhook URL of the created connector app. It is displayed in the "General" section of the created app instance and can be copied from there. It is needed in 3 Workflow Automators that you'll now have to create in the final setup step 3:
Please sign in to leave a comment.